From: Tom Martin <slarti@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New developer: Edgar Hucek (gimli)
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 19:33:58
1 Hi again list,
2
3 One more new developer is on board. Edgar is going to be reviving the
4 Xbox port of Gentoo. I must apologise for this email being slightly
5 late: I must apologise for this email being slightly late. Some of you
6 may recognise gimli_xbox from IRC -- it's the same chap.
7
8 Edgar works as a freelance developer, consultant and administrator.
9 Previously, he worked for a telecoms company where he did some software
10 development on Windows and sysadmin on Solaris machines. At the moment
11 he works for a bank. Largely he's dealing with Windows, but he also has
12 three Linux machines with Oracle.
13
14 As for his hobbies, Edgar has been working on the Xbox-Linux project
15 since it started. He also enjoys listening to music, watching films,
16 hanging around with his friends, and being, in his own words, a "couch
17 potato." He's interested in multimedia on Linux, and is also a bit of an
18 Open Source advocate.
19
20 Please give me a hand in giving Edgar a very warm welcome.
21
22 Regards,
23 Tom
26 Tom Martin, http://dev.gentoo.org/~slarti
27 AMD64, net-mail, shell-tools, vim, recruiters
28 Gentoo Linux