From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] dev-python/rstcheck-3.3.1: Add rstcheck python package (#16399)
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 06:20:02
1 On 6/26/20 1:18 AM, Brian Dolbec wrote:
2 > On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 23:11:29 +0100
3 > Samuel Bernardo <samuelbernardo.mail@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Hi,
6 >>
7 >> I send this email to ask for your help on selecting the project
8 >> maintainer for a new ebuild.
9 >>
10 >> I created a pull request for the ebuild in subject[1] and the QA
11 >> reports complaints about missing project maintainer[2]. What should I
12 >> do?
13 >>
14 >> Thanks
15 >>
16 >> [1] https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/16399
17 >>
18 >> [2]
19 >> https://qa-reports.gentoo.org/output/gentoo-ci/2e4d12bbfa/output.html#dev-python/rstcheck
22 > You add yourself as primary maintainer. The proxy maintainers will add
23 > themselves for the merge to the repo after all review is done. This
24 > will mean that you will need to maintain the pkg, do the version bumps,
25 > etc.. The proxy team will help merge the changes to the ebuild tree.
26
27 This results in a CI error, and personally I often just skip PRs that
28 have CI errors. So you can imagine this is not the best suggestion ;)
31 Currently proxy-maint team isn't merging new packages to ::gentoo tree,
32 because self-maintained packages already take too much work. We are
33 currently ~14 days behind on those. Please read more here,
34 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-proxy-maint/message/44f7712fb49850288cd840c3541f6d7e
35
36 So the only choice for now is to use ::guru overlay,
37 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:GURU
40 Also can I ask you to stop posting to this mailing list about every
41 minor obstacle you come ahead? There are multiple more suitable support
42 channels available (forums, IRC, -user ML), these topics have nothing to
43 do with Gentoo development.
44
45 -- juippis