From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Automated Package Removal and Addition Tracker, for the week ending 2015-08-30 23:59 UTC
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 11:22:52
1 Patrice Clement posted on Fri, 04 Sep 2015 11:11:32 +0200 as excerpted:
2
3 > @infra: do you guys have a public git repo hosted under
4 > http://github.com/gentoo ?
5
6 This what you're looking for? See this thread:
7
8 http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/96933
11 While I didn't switch immediately, between that and the forum thread
12 (which I searched for, since that list thread's a couple weeks old, now)
13 on the topic, I just switched from rsync updates to git, pulling from the
14 github usersync repo now, since it has the metadata-cache added back in
15 that the main public gentoo git repo doesn't have.
16
17 FWIW, I switched layman over to using the github repos for the overlays I
18 follow (kde and x11 currently, qt and mozilla in the past) as well, for
19 the same pre-generated metadata-cache reason.
20
21 It's very *VERY* nice to be able to follow gentoo's git log just as I've
22 been following my git-based overlays and live-packages logs for years
23 now. Individual commit resolution logs, stats, and if it looks
24 interesting, the actual diffs, are *so* much nicer and more detailed than
25 changelogs. =:^)
30 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman