From: Igor <lanthruster@×××××.com>
To: Kent Fredric <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A constructive reommendation on stablity improvemt
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2014 18:15:28
1 Kent,
2
3 Saturday, August 9, 2014, 9:42:18 PM, you wrote:
4
5 Thank you for your opinion.
6 I really don't think data processing unit comes first.
7
8 Communication protocol is already there - it's HTTP, method POST
9 HTTP protocol is already with Python - CURL, WGET
10 A reliable server ready to accept data from portage is all so there -
11 it's Apache web server.
12
13 What we don't have to start with portage class is just a number of
14 parameters to submit.
15
16 If you're experienced with portage - help work out parameters you consider useful
17 for server.
18
19 Example:
20
21 system_arch :
22 system_name :
23 system_environment:
24
25 portage_message :
26 portage_tree:
27
28 package_failed: xorg-1.2.3 /example/
31 etc.
32
33 Once the list is ready -> add it reporter to portage -> and the server side data processing unit
34 will appear.