From: Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2016 15:01:54
1 On 02/06/16 11:42 AM, james wrote:
2 > On 06/01/2016 06:20 PM, Justin Bronder wrote:
3 >> Due to a lack of time and the fact I don't use any of these packages
4 >> anymore, they are all up for grabs.
5 >>
6 >> - media-gfx/openmesh [no project]
7 >> - sys-cluster/ganglia [cluster]
8 >> - sys-cluster/ganglia-web [cluster]
9 >> - sys-cluster/torque [cluster]
10 >> - sys-cluster/munge [cluster] dependency of sys-cluster/torque
11 >> - sys-cluster/mpe2 [cluster]
12 >>
13 >> Also, if there's anyone out there using the science overlay and empi
14 >> who's feeling motivated, that work still needs a champion to get it
15 >> into the main tree. If not, I'll probably drop it in a few months
16 >> and open openmpi and mpich2 to project maintenance as well. I
17 >> haven't been involved in HPC for over a decade now, it's time to
18 >> pass the torch.
21 > Hello Justin,
22 >
23 > I've been working on cluster ebuilds for a while (Apache Mesos, spark,
24 > etc). I'm willing to proxy maintain these except torque. Assuming
25 > there are no users of torque on gentoo (bgo seems inactive...it's
26 > dead; how would I know?).
29 I can step up and maintain or co-maintain sys-cluster/torque , I use
30 it at work and have contributed to it in the past.