From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: USE=libav as replacement for broken || ( libav:= ffmpeg:= )
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 11:57:49
1 On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 09:19:19 -0800
2 Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > > what Michał claims is that 'foo' will want ffmpeg, no matter what.
5 >
6 > Maybe he's talking about some case where portage failed to trigger a
7 > rebuild when appropriate. We've had a number of bugs like this that
8 > have been fixed. The most recent recent example is bug 531656 [1].
9
10 Yes I know about this one :) To be honest I find it much more
11 difficult and convoluted (?) than the present case, yet you fixed it.
12 Even worse: there has been tree-wide changes made because of this
13 (removal of := from all || ( ffmpeg:= libav:= )) instead of filling
14 portage bugs... which I consider just plain wrong and was in fact my
15 initial rant.
16
17 Alexis.