From: Curtis Napier <curtis119@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Heritage
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 04:54:40
1 Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > Curtis Napier wrote: [Tue May 09 2006, 09:49:27PM CDT]
3 >> Larry our wonderful mascot is from a font collection that we DO NOT OWN
4 >> THE COPYRIGHT TOO. Our esteemed ex-architect STOLE Larry. Legally
5 >> speaking we have no rights to use Larry whatsoever and if the owner of
6 >> the copyright ever stumbles onto gentoo.org and sees it we are looking
7 >> at a big fat lawsuit.
8 >
9 > Both Jon and I (separately) addressed this earlier, but I'm pretty sure
10 > that although we don't own the copyright to Larry, the font it is from
11 > has a license that allows us to use it freely. If you have evidence to
12 > the contrary, please let me know, and I'll see what I can do to obtain
13 > any necessary rights.
14 >
15 > -g2boojum-
16
17 I don't see a license for it anywhere. If we have a copy it would
18 probably be best to have it somewhere easily accessible. Putting it in
19 the images directory on the website makes sense.