From: Alex Brandt <alunduil@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: app-emulation/fig
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 20:37:28
1 On Thursday, February 26, 2015 19:22:16 Luis Ressel wrote:
2 > On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 10:13:14 -0600
3 >
4 > Alex Brandt <alunduil@g.o> wrote:
5 > > # Alex Brandt <alunduil@g.o> (21 Feb 2015)
6 > > # Upstream renamed to docker-compose for all future releases
7 > > app-emulation/fig
8 >
9 > Wouldn't a pkgmove be the better way to handle this?
10
11 I thought about that and decided against it since the new
12 versions are already released under the new name with a perfect
13 discontinuity. The old versions don't have the new name while
14 the new have both. Thus, with docker-compose always having
15 newer versions than fig I figured the move would be unnecessary
16 since the versions of fig don't translate to docker-compose
17 while the new ones aren't released under fig.
18
19 If this isn't correct, let me know how to do the move and I'll
20 give it a shot. Otherwise, I think purging fig is the better
21 move.
22
23 Regards,
26 Alex Brandt
27 Cloud Evangelist for Rackspace and Developer for Gentoo
28 http://blog.alunduil.com