From: Romain Perier <mrpouet@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Who is interested by maintaining gnash ?
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:14:45
1 Hey,
2 I'm not interested by maintaining www-plugins/gnash anymore, since it's
3 really boring to keep it working and up-to-date.
4 For example, few days ago a bug for bump it was opened, just for a
5 development release (even if it's a beta...) 3 patches o_O. And this is
6 just a begining...
7
8 The funny thing is upstream is not cooperative at all, autotools patches
9 are not accepted (that's why I don't send them on upstream, I meant with
10 an attitude like that it's just useless sorry...) . And when you want to
11 commit suicide per bump it's not normal (mainly because autotools aren't
12 standard and are so ugly, just unfixable, just for fun ask diego :D)
13
14 Probably gnash will be nice and powerful in a very long time (I hope),
15 but for now... a lot of work has to be done.
16
17 I don't know how to ask this favour: I need help ?! SOS ?! or just "go
18 ahead, I'm glad to give you this ebuild."
19
20 Mhhh... what else ? That all !
21 Have fun with gentoo, and most important : good luck ! :D
22
23 Regards,
24 Romain.
25 --
26 Romain Perier
27 Gentoo Linux Developer
28 Responsabilities : GNOME/KDE/AMD64/Desktop-effects/Sunrise
29 E-Mail : mrpouet@g.o
30 Site : http://dev.gentoo.org/~mrpouet
31 Blog : http://blogs.gentoo.org/mrpouet
32 GnuPG FP : 5728 DC13 9600 864E 2C37 7D1F 3791 7B66 3B94 72EF
33 GnuPG ID : 3B9472EF