From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bootstrap error
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 22:49:52
1 On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 10:44:12PM -0600, Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 > now. I'm hoping that the older db will work fine. I'm guessing that you're
3 > getting this error during *bootstrap*? Because after bootstrap is complete,
4 > you should have a working c++ compiler (g++) installed. I just finished
5 > scanning the deps and really can't find anything in bootstrap that should
6 > depend on db. Please make sure you are doing a bootstrap before attempting
7 > an "emerge system". If you do an "emerge rsync" now, emerge should now want
8 > to use db-3.2.3 rather than the newer 3.2.9 if forgetting to do a bootstrap
9 > wasn't the problem.
10
11 Another thing that could cause this error -- accidentally adding "build" to your
12 USE variables will cause g++ to not be built.
15 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
16 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org
17 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.