From: "Bryan Østergaard" <kloeri@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] enable UTF8 per default?
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 18:31:42
1 On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 12:47:33PM -0500, solar wrote:
2 > I forget where I read it but I thought that unicode lead to overflows
3 > and was considered a general security risk. I wish I knew where I read
4 > that but I'm unable to find it.
5 >
6 > Any list readers know anything relating to that?
7 >
8 It's true that many overflows have been found in unicode aware
9 applications, like the zillion unicode overflows in Internet Explorer
10 for example. But that shouldn't lead to considering unicode a general
11 security risk in my mind even though the apache team uses ascii in the
12 default configuration to protect against bugs in poorly written
13 applications.
14
15 Regards,
16 Bryan Østergaard