From: "Marcus D. Hanwell" <cryos@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Around 425 non-existent packages in p.mask?
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 02:36:32
1 On Wednesday 23 November 2005 02:18, Luis F. Araujo wrote:
2 > Hello everyone,
3 >
4 > A few days ago i glanced over package.mask , and i was surprised
5 > about how many non-existent ebuild/packages entries are there.
6 >
7 > So, i wrote a script to try to get a list of those orphaned entries,
8 > and it looks like there are more than 400 packages/ebuilds which are still
9 > listed in p.m but that don't exist in the tree anymore.
10 > (A bunch of them from the KDE herd btw)
11 >
12 I am not seeing the packages for the KDE herd - are you accounting for >=? KDE
13 3.5 packages are just coming out of rcs, and alpha was long since removed but
14 >=alpha1 is package.masked - I am also using this for digikam packages. It
15 saves constantly altering the file. Please let me know if you spot any real
16 orphan packages owned by KDE and I will look into it.