From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] app-xemacs/cc-mode not in package app-xemacs/xemacs
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 03:44:23
1 On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 02:13:16 +0200
2 "John-John Tedro" <johnjohn.tedro@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I was wondering why the app-xemacs/xemacs package doesn't include the
5 > cc-mode package since it is widely used.
6 > I had some real troubles figuring this out (mostly since im not very
7 > familiar with the portage system). It should just seem natural that
8 > it would be.
9
10 Gentoo has a tendency to split packages rather than include them. [1]
11 has information about all the Gentoo supported packages, and then there
12 are options like `emerge -S <string>` and specially target utilities
13 like app-portage/eix to help you find packages you need:
14
15 $ eix cc-mode
16 * app-emacs/cc-mode
17 Available versions: ~5.31.3