From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Testing is not a valid reason to package.mask
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 20:30:27
1 On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 22:24:35 +0200
2 Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > # Gen 2 Developer <someone@g.o> (`date`)
5 > # Masked for testing.
6 > >=rofl-cat/omgpkg-ver
9 > Please people,
12 > if you want to get something tested, then don't mask it. If you
13 > find that you cannot commit an ebuild because of badly keyworded
14 > dependencies, then drop the relevant keywords and file a bug report
15 > with a KEYWORDREQ.
16
17 Lest I forget, the exception being that a particular version should
18 never ever go stable, in which case the masking reason should still be
19 different. In that case you would still not mark it as "masked for
20 testing" - what I wanted to clarify is that the mask reason isn't valid
21 if you want stuff to get tested, as it prevents exactly that from
22 happening.
25 Kind regards,
26 JeR