From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Package up for grabs: sys-boot/lilo
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2021 23:34:23
1 210601 Hank Leininger wrote:
2 > On 2021-06-01, Mike Gilbert wrote:
3 >> The base system project is dropping LILO:
4 >> it really needs to be maintained by someone who actually uses it.
5 > I still use/prefer LILO; I'll take a look at the open bugs
6 > and consider submitting PRs for them & taking on p-m of it.
7 > An actual @gentoo.org dev is welcome to take it from me though.
8
9 I hope a dev does that. I've always used Lilo & see no reason to change.
10 It's easy to use, at least for an ordinary desktop system,
11 & Grub seems to cause other people problems regularly.
12 Meanwhile, thanks to Hank for the offer, which I hope works out.
16 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
17 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
18 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca