From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] KDE ebuild request for Dan Armak
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 15:59:15
1 On Sunday 07 April 2002 17:25, Troy Dack wrote:
2 > I'm posting this here because it is not really a bug and doesn't deserve to
3 > go onto bugs.gentoo.org.
4 >
5 > Dan,
6 > I think you are the absolute genius who put together the KDE3 ebui
7 > lds so quickly, so I'm directing this to you, but if anyone else can help,
8 > please do.
9 >
10 > Is it possible to build an ebuild for KDE3 that checks out this directory
11 > (http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdelibs/kstyles/keramik/?only_wit
12 >h_tag=MAIN) and installs that one theme?
13 >
14 > Screenshot: http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=1172
15 >
16 > If it's far too much effort then that's fine. Unfortunately I don't have
17 > the required skills (or time) to attempt this myself.
18 >
19 > Thanks again.
20 Quick answer: it's possible, and as far as I can see without actually trying,
21 easy enough. People have been talking about keramik on the kde lists too, and
22 I want to take a look at it myself without running cvs again already, so I'll
23 make an ebuild at some point.
24
25 It won't be fetching from cvs dynamically though - at least not yet, we're
26 working on a cvs ebuild standard in portage atm but it's not quite finished.
27 So I'll make a snapshot of the cvs dir and put it on ibibilo.
30 Dan Armak
31 Gentoo Linux developer (KDE)
32 Matan, Israel