From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Help offered - Portage tree
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 15:37:40
1 On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 10:09 +0100, Jan Kundrát wrote:
2 > Natanael Copa wrote:
3 > > So since I build a distro where size does matter (uclibc) I realised
4 > > that even if I submit bugs for broken RDEPEND, there will never be an
5 > > end to those bug reports. Looking at this thread, it seems i was right.
6 >
7 > I wonder what you are looking at :(.
8
9 IIRC thread starter complained about too many wrong RDEPEND.
10
11 > You've been told by multiple
12 > developers that we do care about dep correctness and are willing to fix
13 > bugs when we hear about them.
14
15 Problem is not that devs are not willing to fix. Problem is that its to
16 easy to inject wrong RDEPEND in the tree in the first place and only way
17 to get it out from there is to wait for someone to report it. Since
18 many/most devs dont use binpkgs its expected that errors in RDEPEND are
19 there.
20
21 Might be i have ideas how to fix but I need to gain some experience with
22 repoman before I present those.
23
24 -nc
27 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list