From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: "Sven Köhler" <skoehler@×××.de>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bootstrap stage1 which comes with python2.2
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:29:23
1 On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 18:25, Sven Köhler wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > i don't want to report a bug or something like that before i discussed
5 > it here, but if you bootstrap the old release-stage1 from 20030910,
6 > python 2.3 will be installed, but python 2.2 won't be uninstalled, but
7 > python 2.2 isn't listed to be installed. (qpkg -I |grep python only
8 > shows python2.3, but not python2.2)
9 >
10 > bootstrap.sh should somehow upgrade python to the current version, but i
11 > cannot imagine how that should work. python2.2 cannot be unmerged (since
12 > qpkg -I doesn't list it), and python2.3 has a lot of dependencies.
13 >
14 > I wonder if there are more files like /usr/bin/python2.2/* that don't
15 > belong to any package listed by "qpkg -I". These files could be recorded
16 > in the database as a package called "stage1" which can be unmerged after
17 > the "emerge system".
18 >
19 > What do you think?
22 Hmm, just noticed it as well. You will have to merge the last 2.2
23 version, and then unmerge it. Just verify that that is what portage
24 actually do _not_ use ...
28 Martin Schlemmer
29 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
30 Cape Town, South Africa