From: Mike Gardiner <obz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New Dev: Astinus (Alex Howells)
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 04:25:05
1 Hi -dev,
2
3 If we could join our collective congratulatory statements here, and
4 welcome a new developer onboard, Alex Howells (or Astinus as you'll know
5 him).
6
7 Alex hails from Wales, where he's currently studying "Software
8 Engineering". He's learning Java, but says he can't wait to get onto all
9 the fun (and frustration) of C and C++. We say "learning" because by his
10 own admission, as it currently stands "it could be plausibly argued that
11 I can't program my way out of a wet napkin." We assume that the entry
12 requirements for a wet napkin are sufficiently low.
13
14 In accordance with his work at the UK Ministry of Defence, he has been
15 dubbed our "covert dev" - 008 "License to break the tree". (This is of
16 course intended only as a joke).
17
18 Alex will be joining the AMD64 team, to contribute documentation and
19 squash bugs, so please welcome him aboard.
22 Mike Gardiner (Obz)
24 irc.freenode.org/#gentoo-dev #gentoo-desktop
25 obz@g.o
26 http://www.gentoo.org