From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Moderator ruleset for gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 03:55:16
1 On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 10:53 AM, Nils Freydank <holgersson@××××××.de> wrote:
2 > There is a specific RFC about splitting the mailing list because of a
3 > problematic style of conversation.
6 Well, yes - but what is problematic? Certain parties keep vaguely
7 alluding to past actions, which is what I am inquiring about.
8
9 > Even if that split won’t happen -- I don’t know if mgorny has the "right" or
10 > support to do that and I personally want to stay out of these discussions -- I
11 > really *do* think that a moderation of a frequented mailing list like gentoo-
12 > dev is a generally good idea. Therefore we need properly documented rules
13 > (beside moderators).
16 I don't like being here either, but after using Gentoo for a while
17 arbitrary actions taken by developers have broken my system, and poor
18 commit discipline has in cases made it very hard to figure out what
19 was changed and why.
20
21 This is an outgrowth of those things. If arbitrary choices are made
22 here and now arbitrary choices will keep being made elsewhere in the
23 future.
24
25 For some reason a lot of people seem to think my questions are
26 annoying. They're not supposed to be annoying. If a decision is
27 happening with purpose, then spending 30s to type out that purpose
28 should not be annoying.
29
30 > To answer you question: I think the RFC introduces either a "time pressure" or
31 > should be seen as sign that this list needs an improvement.
34 See reply to first paragraph; I mean specific events that make the OP
35 feel this is necessary.
36
37 Cheers,
38 R0b0t1