From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [last rites] media-gfx/sodipodi
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 21:31:41
1 Carsten Lohrke wrote:
2 > I don't see the necessity for devs and users would have to look at the
3 > package.mask file regularly to get the information that a package is masked.
4 > If Portage would be that smart to spit out the relevant information on
5 > emerge --sync, a longer period would probably make sense.
6
7 Not that I'd care so much whether it's a week or a month (IMO individual
8 depending on ebuild in question) - so just a technical note. Portage 2.1
9 *does* spit out the relevant info.
10
11 # emerge -uDpv world
12
13 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
14
15 Calculating world dependencies /
16 !!! Packages for the following atoms are either all
17 !!! masked or don't exist:
18 net-ftp/glftpd
21 ... done!
22