From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI-3 times and dates
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 09:55:31
1 On 01/22/2010 10:58 AM, Torsten Veller wrote:
2 > EAPI-3 was approved by the council during their last meeting (2010-01-18).
3 >
4 > Which portage versions do support it?
5 > (I wasn't able to find it in the docs.)
8 I haven't heard of a release that would.
9
10 > When can we stabilize EAPI-3 ebuilds?
11 > (I guess this is again a council decision?)
14 When a Portage version supporting EAPI-3 is stable. Council can
15 acknowledge at this point.
16
17 > How long do we have to provide ebuilds for older EAPIs?
18 > (We can drop them as long as users are able to upgrade to an EAPI-3
19 > capable package-manager for at least one year from now/after
20 > stabilisation?)
23 Normally ebuild developers can just use the latest. As you said the only
24 thing that matters is the package manager upgrade path and that only
25 concerns a few packages.
26
27 Regards,
28 Petteri