From: Jerry A! <jerry@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How to allow su and ssh access
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 06:56:08
On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 10:47:28AM +0100, Robert Schrem wrote:
: I feel pretty comfortable with using gentoo (now for
: almost 3 weeks) but I have still some problems that I
: clould not solve so far. The most important is this one:
: I'am wondering where to locate the 'switch' to allow
: users (at least myself) to use the su command to get
: temporary root rights. Also I would like to be able to
: login as root via ssh. This is obviously blocked
: somewhere in the configuration files.
: Any hint what configuration file(s) I should
: examin (tried already some in /etc/security
: but didn't get it done)...

I won't answer your questions directly.  What I will do is point you to
the suauth(5) and sshd(8) manpages.  Likewise, take a look at
/etc/suauth and /etc/ssh/sshd_config.

name:  Jerry Alexandratos         ||  Open-Source software isn't a
phone: 703.599.6023               ||  matter of life or death...
email: jerry@××××××.com           ||  ...It's much more important