From: Sergei Trofimovich <slyfox@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New USE=-native-symlinks for gcc-config and binutils-config
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 09:35:04
1 On Sat, 23 May 2020 23:40:22 -0700
2 Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 10:21 PM Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o> wrote:
7 > > On 5/24/20 5:41 AM, Mike Gilbert wrote:
8 > > > Also, people are likely to disable this accidentally via USE="-*".
9 > >
10 > > Counts as
11 > >
12 > > > if they want to break their system intentionally.
13 >
14 > Yes, but unfortunately catalyst's stage1 build does exactly this.
15 >
16 > Suggestions how to avoid doing this would be appreciated, but until
17 > that's resolved we don't have carte blanche to break USE="-*".
18
19 Ah, I keep forgetting about catalyst. Use-forced flags as:
20 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/?id=0f8b5b847429642977d4c0497068a93222ff3136
21
22 While at it added a page that explains how to turn it back by enthusiasts:
23 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Toolchain/use_native_symlinks
24 and will collect more details on typical fixes and "this is fine to ignore" pitfalls.
28 Sergei