From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] MULTI_ABI support addition to main tree portage
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 01:03:39
1 On 06/02/2011 03:04 PM, Matt Turner wrote:
2 > For this problem, I think some kind of per-ebuild ABI_DEPENDENT flag
3 > should be used to recognize which packages ABI dependencies should
4 > apply to. Without thinking about it too hard, it seems like perhaps
5 > only packages in RDEPEND should be considered for ABI USE
6 > dependencies.
7
8 We can express it with either of the existing PROPERTIES or RESTRICT
9 variables. This way, we don't need to add a whole new variable every
10 time that we decide to add a boolean flag like this.
11 --
12 Thanks,
13 Zac