From: Samuli Suominen <drac@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] am I ready to step into Gentoo?
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 10:17:08
1 Tue, 20 May 2008 19:20:52 +0200
2 Federico Ferri <xaero@××××××.it> kirjoitti:
3
4 > hi all,
5
6 Hi,
7
8 > my computer-related hobbies (or I should say time-killers!) are Tcl
9 > (scripting language) and Pure-Data (multimedia dataflow environment).
10 > I regularly use Pd to create audio/video apps, and Tcl for everything
11 > else that doesn't fit Pd, I've also developed a Tcl-Pd loader, that
12 > allows to code externals for Pd in Tcl.
13 > see my Pd page at [3].
14 >
15 > perhaps that's the category I should belong to...(?)
16 > I keep occasional contact with Tcl developers, so I could bring some
17 > love to the Tcl/Tk Gentoo herd (yes, I am a Tcl/Tk fan, as you can
18 > see on my wikipage at [4])
19 > I've also set up an overlay (pd-overlay, [5]) and used to develop
20 > together with ColdWind (actually a Gentoo dev) ebuilds for EVERY pd
21 > external!
22
23 Bringing PD back sounds like a great idea; last time it had some serious
24 issues with the build system and hardcoded paths which made it rather
25 impossible to install correctly into live filesystem..
26
27 > best regards,
28 > Federico Ferri
29