From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Removing profiles/use.local.desc file from CVS on 2011-02-11
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 23:22:43
1 On 02/04/2011 01:50 PM, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > The CVS->RSYNC service has moved hosts and now we generate the
5 > use.local.desc file via egencache. As such, there is no need for this
6 > file to be in CVS anymore and will be removed on 2011-02-11. This email
7 > is meant as a heads up as I am not sure about everyone's individual
8 > setups or what repercussions there might be.
9 >
10 > -Jeremy
13 This file is now removed from CVS.
14
15 + 12 Feb 2011; Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o> -use.local.desc:
16 + use.local.desc is now generated purely in the rsync tier and is no longer
17 + required in CVS. If you were looking to change it, you should be using
18 + metadata.xml instead.
19
20 If you've been following the thread, you've seen people complain that
21 emerge --sync is re-syncing a bunch of files. I've confirmed with
22 multiple people that the syncing is normal again, it was just a one time
23 hit. I am sorry for that happening, but we now have greater reliability
24 in the CVS->RSYNC service. :)
25
26 Thanks,
27 Jeremy