From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Handling "exactly one of many" dependencies
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 16:14:45
1 On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 18:04:59 +0200 Thomas de Grenier de Latour
2 <degrenier@×××××××××××.fr> wrote:
3 | Thus, the src_compile should use some has_version instead:
4 | if has_version media-lib/sdl ; then
5 | emake game.sdl || die
6 | elif has_version ...
7
8 No, that breaks if you have sdl installed and USE=-sdl.
9
10 | So yes, in such a case i think it's much better to make the
11 | depend string determinisc. I would not write it exactly the way
12 | twofourtysix did tho (no need to have the !flag several times):
13 | sdl? ( media-libs/libsdl )
14 | !sdl? ( svga? ( media-libs/svgalib )
15 | !svga? ( opengl? ( virtual/opengl )
16 | !opengl? ( ...
17 |
18 | (with lot of closing parenthesis at the end. )
19
20 See gvim, I think it does that kind of thing correctly these days...
23 Ciaran McCreesh
24 --
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list