From: Jonas Stein <jstein@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: peter@×××××.se
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: net-mail/vchkuser
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 20:17:10
1 Hi Peter,
2
3 >> # Removal after 2023-01-01. Bug #881249.
4 >> net-mail/vchkuser
5 >
6 > Was there an actual issue with the package that prompted you to do
7 > this - something that a package maintainer should have resolved?
8
9 Complete list is in the ticket.
10 I set the delay a bit longer than 30 days so that users have more time
11 to react.
12
13 If you or others really need this package, report here or in the ticket
14 and we can find a solution.
15 We do not want to break our users system, if we can find another
16 solution including reinstating an upstream repository.
17 But we also do not want to invest time in a dead horse.
18
19 > I think it's a bad idea to remove a package if "Upstream Homepage and
20 > SRC_URI is gone" and "Gentoo is the last distro with this package"
21 > are the only reasons...
22
23 A project should always have a real upstream source and not rely on
24 remains in our mirrors.
27 Best,
28 Jonas