From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RC6 Boot ISO reports + info [kind of long]
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 15:17:08
1 On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 03:08:25PM -0400, Donny Davies wrote:
2
3 > I can report no success on a Symbios 53c810 controller, with the SCSI
4 > BIOS on the MB, in combination with an Yamaha SCSI writer. Sounds
5 > like a funny setup I know, but it can work. I seem to have forgotten which
6 > Linux distribution's bootable installation CD it was that actually worked
7 > for this particular setup. I must try to rediscover it to see what is different!
8
9 What brand BIOS and BIOS version does your motherboard have? The most recent
10 version of isolinux (we're using the next most recent version) has this fix:
11
12 ISOLINUX: Bug workaround for Award BIOS 4.51, and perhaps other buggy BIOSes as well.
13
14 Best Regards,
15
16 --