From: Joe Peterson <lavajoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] New RESTRICT=live value for identification of live ebuilds?
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 21:59:40
1 Zac Medico wrote:
2 > Personally I think people are far too concerned about the name of
3 > the variable. I only see a what I consider to be a trivial or
4 > negligible benefit in separating these things into two different
5 > variables. However, it it makes more people happy then I guess I'm
6 > for it.
7
8 Different people have differing sensitivity to things like this
9 (aesthetics, consistency, etc.). IMHO, this particular one is not a
10 *huge* deal (picking my battles, I personally would not choose to be too
11 vehement on this one), but it's always nice to pick the most
12 elegant/logical way to do things, especially for things that are exposed
13 to the dev/ebuild interface and are hard to change later.
14
15 -Joe