From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: News: systemd sysv-utils blocker resolution
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 15:50:21
1 On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 5:22 PM, Jason A. Donenfeld <zx2c4@g.o> wrote:
2 > You might want to mention that alternatively, uninstalling
3 > openrc&sysvinit&netifrc on a systemd profile system is fine to do
4 > these days, despite the warning.
5
6 I have added the following text after the third paragraph. Let me know
7 if this is insufficient.
8
9 Enabling sysv-utils should cause Portage to un-merge sysvinit and OpenRC
10 if they are currently installed. emerge may emit a warning message
11 before doing so; if you are booting with systemd, this message is safe
12 to ignore.