From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: Gentoo Developers <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 2004.1 will not include a secure portage.
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 12:20:34
1 On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 03:11:47AM -0800 or thereabouts, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > I wrote up a functional prototype patch Mon, 8 Dec 2003 and mailed it to
3 > gentoo-core when a discussion on the subject was in progress. This is
4 > the ONLY code I've seen produced by anybody on the subject of GPG
5 > signing to date.
6
7 rac also had a proof-of-concept working. However, as I understand it, the
8 issues preventing this from becoming a reality are not technical in nature,
9 but more process and policy oriented. Quite frankly, I think the only
10 issue standing between us and getting this implemented is having the
11 Portage folks deem this as an important project and prioritize it
12 accordingly.
13
14 --kurt