From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some council topics for March meeting
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 07:04:35
1 On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 23:51:42 -0700 "Daniel Robbins"
2 <drobbins.daniel@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > Gentoo projects are controlled by and generally run entirely by Gentoo
4 > developers.
5
6 No, they're controlled by whoever ends up writing code. If you think
7 there's any control over, say, Portage, try getting an important feature
8 request implemented.
9
10 > You are not a Gentoo developer, yet you define the
11 > direction of PMS and Paludis. Therefore, PMS and Paludis can't be
12 > considered official Gentoo projects.
13
14 No-one is claiming that Paludis is an official Gentoo project. This
15 discussion, however, is about PMS, not Paludis, and the only reason I
16 can see to keep confusing them is political, so please stop doing that.
17
18 Nor do I define the direction of PMS. The requirements define its
19 direction, and its contributors (the majority of which are Gentoo
20 developers) do the writing.
21
22 > Paludis does not have a Gentoo Foundation copyright, does PMS?
23
24 Not currently, but then neither does devmanual, so it's hardly unique
25 in that respect.
28 Ciaran McCreesh
29 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
30 Web : http://ciaranm.org/