From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Add --hash-style=gnu to LDFLAGS
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2010 07:56:17
1 On 08/08/2010 03:21 AM, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > On Sat, Aug 07, 2010 at 05:15:04PM -0700, Alec Warner wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Why not just set some LDFLAGS that totally won't work (-Wl, taters)
5 >> and then assume anything that actually compiles with those flags set
6 >> does not respect LDFLAGS. Set that up on a tinderbox instead of
7 >> making users do it.
8 >>
9 >> -A
10 > Alec
11 >
12 > I was only talking about the *dev* profiles. As I said this will help
13 > *developers* to track this problem and fix it before they commit their
14 > packages to tree. Tinderbox will only catch packages that are already in the
15 > tree. The main goal here is to fix these packages before they reach it
18 I suggest making the dev profiles just pull in a binutils version that
19 automatically enables the support (excluding profiles where binutils is
20 not used).
21
22 Regards,
23 Petteri