From: Brian Jackson <iggy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] intention for kde-themes eclass
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 02:19:07
1 Chris White wrote:
2 > Here's the nitty gritty:
3 >
4 > ----------
5 > BACKGROUND
6 > ----------
7 >
8 > kde-look.org is a site that hosts various kde themes to change the look and feel of the kde desktop.
9 >
10 > ---------
11 > REASONING
12 > ---------
13 >
14 > An eclass such as this would be benificial to users that want to create custom ebuilds for various kde themes, as well as getting popular kde themes into the portage tree.
15
16 I actually half wrote a g-cpan.pl like thing for kde-look.org once. It could
17 handle themes and wallpapers. I never got around to the rest. I think something
18 like this would be better in the long run since the eclass will only serve to
19 make people file more new ebuild bugs for stuff the kde team won't add.
20
21 --Iggy
24 > ----
25 > TODO
26 > ----
27 >
28 > 1) get the general skeletal eclass file going
29 > 2) work with multilib
30 > 3) integrating with kde eclasses
31 >
32 > --------
33 > FEATURES
34 > --------
35 >
36 > eclass will painlessly install themes from kde-look.org. It will also most likely utilize a tool that will tell users what attributes of kde's look and feel you can change with that particular theme (ie. theme a can only change styles and color, theme b can only change color, theme c can change everything).
39 > ------------
40 > end proposal
42 >
43 > Also, while I'm on doing eclasses, I'll take a look at doing a nicer eclass HOWTO on getting eclasses working. Comments and suggesstions are welcome.
44 >
45 > Chris White
49 Stuff for sale -- http://www.brianandsara.net/temp/forsale.html
50 Gentoo Linux -- http://www.gentoo.org