From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] repoman adding "Package-Manager: portage-2.2.20.1" to every single commit
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 17:37:49
1 On 08/19/2015 09:33 AM, hasufell wrote:
2 > I don't want to start a lot of bikeshed, but I think this information is
3 > practically useless.
4 >
5 > If there has been a problem with a commit, ask the developer about his
6 > repoman version (which I believe was the reason for this, unless you
7 > want me to add "Package-Manager: paludis-2.4.0" to every commit ;).
8 >
9 > Let's just remove it.
12 The intent is to leave a record of the version of repoman used, which
13 leaves an audit trail in case there's a bug in some some version (or to
14 detect if someone is using an ancient version). It can especially be
15 useful when new repoman checks need to be added for new EAPI features.
16 --
17 Thanks,
18 Zac