From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: The fallacies of GLEP55
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 15:37:05
1 On Sat, 16 May 2009 11:34:14 -0400
2 Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > > Had we gone with any of the other proposals a year ago, we'd be
5 > > waiting a year every time a new change came along.
6 >
7 > Only if that change prevented obtaining EAPI from wherever it was
8 > placed.
9
10 ...or if you want version format changes.
11
12 > > If the Council were not a fan of GLEP 55, they would have voted
13 > > against it.
14 >
15 > Why? If there is no reason to move forward with haste why not just
16 > leave it out there and see if somebody comes up with a better idea or
17 > see if circumstances change? If the perception was that there were a
18 > pressing need for forward movement on this chances are that somebody
19 > would have proposed an alternative GLEP and the council would have
20 > just approved that instead.
21
22 Three out of six Council members considered GLEP 55 to be necessary
23 enough to vote yes on it the last time it was put to a vote...
26 Ciaran McCreesh