From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: Go ebuilds bundling multiple upstream sources
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 22:46:43
1 On 06/29/2015 02:27 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > we have several Go ebuilds in the tree that bundle multiple separate
5 > upstream sources. One example is app-admin/consul-0.5.2.
6 >
7 > My thought is that we shouldn't bundle like this, but we should figure
8 > out how to write ebuilds for the dependent packages as well.
9 >
10 > What do others think?
11
12 Maybe we should take into account the number of consumers of said
13 libraries? If there's only one consumer of a given library, then what's
14 the advantage of splitting out a separate ebuild? Also, in our
15 discussion, it may be useful to distinguish between bundling via "one
16 big tarball" versus bundling via multiple tarballs in SRC_URI.
17 --
18 Thanks,
19 Zac