From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: gentoo-core@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Pending Gentoolkit rework
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 17:02:51
1 Hi gang.
2
3 For those of you interested in Gentoolkit, I'm going to complete the
4 rework of it within the coming weeks.
5
6 A few benefits:
7
8 * A new release system will handle regressions better: installing older
9 versions of gentoolkit will actually give you the old scripts.
10 * Weeding out unmaintained, broken scripts.
11 * Moving the central scripts to use Portage directly, so that there'll
12 be fewer discrepancies between what Portage reports and what, say, qpkg
13 reports.
14 * Better documentation
15 * Cuter colours;)
18 Developers: If anybody have any bug reports on the tools that exist in
19 Gentoolkit, I'd very much like that you assign them to me. If it's a
20 critical thing, attach a fix and I'll issue a new release of Gentoolkit in
21 the interim.
24 Kind regards,
25
26 Karl T