From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] don't rely on dynamic deps
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 21:16:31
1 On Mon, 21 Jul 2014 23:13:06 +0200
2 Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o> wrote:
3 > On Mon, 21 Jul 2014 22:06:08 +0100
4 > Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > On Mon, 21 Jul 2014 23:01:58 +0200
6 > > Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o> wrote:
7 > > > So you suggest we work around a bug in the PM which would be a
8 > > > single fix. Everywhere.
9 > >
10 > > Dynamic dependencies is not fixable. It's an irredeemably broken
11 > > concept.
12 >
13 > It works fine for me.
14
15 You should read the relevant bugs before making such a bold claim...
16 You're illustrating why we have the problem to begin with: you're
17 confusing "I've not noticed it go wrong, or realised that breakages
18 I've seen are because of this" with "works fine".
21 Ciaran McCreesh