From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] glibc-2.26 stabilization soon
Date: Sun, 13 May 2018 21:32:50
1 The number of blocker bugs has decreased a lot, so unless something both new
2 and serious is coming up I'm going to ask for glibc-2.26 stabilization on
3 6/June/2018
4 (that is a month after uploading the latest patchset). We really need to get
5 this rolling, since the glibc-2.28 release is already approaching.
6
7 If you still have glibc-2.26 related bugs for your packages, please have a
8 look at the following link, and contact me if you encounter unsolvable
9 problems.
10
11 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Toolchain#glibc-2.26
12
13 The biggest trend in the blockers seems to be a delay in ppc stabilizations.
14
15 2.27 will be rekeyworded when 2.26 is stable. The impact of 2.27 and 2.28 will
16 hopefully be smaller, since then we've successfully made the RPC transition,
17 and since these releases contain less breaking changes.
18
19 2.25 and earlier will remain available, but be masked because of unresolved
20 security issues.
23 Andreas K. Hüttel
24 dilfridge@g.o
25 Gentoo Linux developer
26 (council, toolchain, perl, libreoffice, comrel)