From: "Hanno Böck" <hanno@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Unmasking of qt 4.4?
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 15:26:24
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm maintaining a package of merkaartor in gentoo, of which the latest version
4 requires qt 4.4. I'll mask that for now, but I'm not really happy with that.
5
6 I wanted to ask what are the showstoppers for qt 4.4 to get unmasked. The mask
7 is commented with:
8 "Masked for testing, various dependencies still need to be updated..."
9
10 I don't like "masked for testing" comments (we have far to many of them), as
11 it basically tells nothing. Testing what? How long?
12 For the dependencies, I think this isn't a showstopper either, as if you don't
13 have split dependencies on qt, it'll just take the metapackage and everything
14 is like before.
15
16 So question, what are the showstoppers for qt 4.4? And more general comment,
17 especially on important packages that many people rely on, please provide
18 more informative comments in package mask, e.g. bug numbers.
21 Hanno Böck Blog: http://www.hboeck.de/
22 GPG: 3DBD3B20 Jabber/Mail: hanno@××××××.de