From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: revisiting our stabilization policy
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 18:42:48
1 On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 1:11 PM, Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se> wrote:
2 > I certainly don't think the work needs to go away if the work is
3 > considered to be important. It's fine to have open bugs for years
4 > in the absence of a good solution.
5
6 I get what you're saying, though there is still a cost to leaving the
7 bug open to years. In this case it means an old package stays in the
8 tree marked as stable. That either costs maintainers the effort to
9 keep it work, or they don't bother to keep in working in which case
10 users get saddled with issues.
11
12 I am completely in support of making use of the priority field - if
13 something is causing issues by all means call attention to it. I bet
14 it would /help/ with the problem, but it won't make it go away.
15
16 Rich