From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: formally allow qa to suspend commit rights
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 10:39:26
1 On 01/22/2014 11:36 AM, hasufell wrote:
4 > People already do that without revoking commit access, e.g. when the
5 > recruitment project tells you they don't want to process your recruit
6 > or when project leads don't respond to membership applications at all
7 > or when the ComRel lead is not interested in a private discussion.
8 >
9 > And then they seem surprised when you get pissed. And they even seem
10 > clueless about why the working atmosphere in the gentoo-dev community
11 > is pretty bad. It is not, because someone has a strong opinion.
12 > Everyone has, at times. It's about that attitude of telling people
13 > that you are not good enough for their time.
14 >
15 > So this is already happening. The proposal here is just a "logical"
16 > consequence to this situation.
19 sorry for messing up that mail, it was a reply to
20
21 On 01/22/2014 08:00 AM, Alan McKinnon wrote:> I don't want to appear
22 rude, but when reading this entire mail all I see
23 >
24 > Do you realise the message that is sent by denying someone access? You
25 > are saying that person is not good enough to work on Gentoo. Do you
26 > really want to send that message?