From: Michael Hanselmann <hansmi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: wltjr@g.o, jakub@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] qmail.eclass draft
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 21:13:03
1 On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 11:22:47AM -0400, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
2 > > > It seems like you aren't interested in communication with the
3 > > > maintainer, otherwise you would've CC'ed me.
4
5 > > Erm? This was completely uncalled for, I'd say?!
6
7 To Jakub: It was. Sending such things to a public list is fine, as long
8 as the affected persons get informed, too. Otherwise it can be seen like
9 a complaint behind someone's back. I'm sure you've experience with that,
10 do you?
11
12 > Looking at traffic going both ways I don't think it was meant harshly or
13 > etc. More a surprise to the current maintainer.
14
15 Indeed it was surprising. “Who is he to come around with such a thing on
16 a public list, without CC'ing me?”
17
18 > But usually, not sure if it's stated in policy, it's best to try to
19 > contact a maintainer first, directly.
20
21 Such a thing wouldn't even have to be in policy. It's just common sense.
22
23 Anyway, let's end it here and get back to technical stuff.
24
25 Greets,
26 Michael
29 http://hansmi.ch/