From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Changes in libreoffice ebuild
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 04:38:52
1 On 14:37 Tue 13 Aug , Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > If a maintainer is holding something up for months by all means
3 > escalate it if you think it is justified, but if a maintainer just
4 > wants a few days to look into things, that isn't asking too much. If
5 > this were a security patch I might feel differently, or a stable
6 > regression (though as has been pointed out that shouldn't happen with
7 > reverse dep testing).
8
9 Turns out we already wrote this down. See "Touching other developers
10 ebuilds":
11 http://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-writing/ebuild-maintenance/index.html
12
13 "Otherwise a soft limit of 2 to 4 weeks depending on the severity of the
14 bug is an acceptable time frame before you go ahead and fix it
15 yourself."
18 Thanks,
19 Donnie
20