From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP system worthwhile?
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:59:06
1 On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 15:50 +0000, Ian Leitch wrote:
2 > This system also gives power back to the devs (and users if they're
3 > allowed to vote) and away from the GLEP editors.
4
5 Another abuse of power by the management trying to keep the little man
6 down! Oh the injustice!
7
8 Sorry, man, but if you can't take the 30 minutes to write up a
9 well-written proposal in a readable and already established format, then
10 how can you possibly expect others to take the idea seriously? (This
11 isn't meant to be pointing against you, Ian.)
12
13 The truth is that there are a lot of good ideas that die on the vine
14 simply because there isn't enough interest in them, or they aren't
15 thought out to a usable state. I think we have also seen that sometimes
16 even a good idea just doesn't have enough momentum to keep it going.
17 Couple that with the fact that most of the work done on Gentoo doesn't
18 affect Gentoo on a global scope, and hence, doesn't require a GLEP, and
19 I would say the system has worked pretty well.
22 Chris Gianelloni
24 Games - Developer
25 Gentoo Linux