From: Michael Krelin <gentoodoo@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: gentoo-dev vs lkml?
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 20:11:27
1 > Also part of the "maturity" point. Perhaps we all just need to grow up? ;)
4 Very likely, but how? I think my own opinion was best expressed by John
5 Galsworthy (or Soames Forsyte of the Forsyte Saga): "One of these days
6 they’d try and bring in Prohibition, he shouldn’t wonder; but that cock
7 wouldn’t fight in England — too extravagant! Treating people like
8 children wasn’t the way to make them grow up; as if they weren’t
9 childish enough as it was."
10
11 I think that the mere existence of the CoC would slow down, to say the
12 least, growing up. Prohibition laws are in the spirit of time, though,
13 so when facing the dilemma of being decent vs. following the rules, the
14 majority prefers the latter nowadays.
15
16 Love,
17 H
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list