From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: python@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Python-r1 migration guide and request for help
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 00:17:35
1 Hello, developers.
2
3 As you can see on [1], we came pretty far in getting the tree fully
4 -r1. However, there's still around 500 packages needing direct
5 attention. While many of them are relatively easy to convert, building
6 and testing takes time, and as you can imagine I'm unable to do it all
7 myself :).
8
9 So spending the last few days on converting some random packages,
10 I have noted all important conversion details and wrapped them into
11 a new python.eclass conversion guide [2] (with examples!). I'd
12 appreciate any comments on the guide, especially if something needs to
13 be clarified or added.
14
15 Therefore, I ask: please take some time to convert your packages to
16 python-r1 and friends. If you have the time but no packages to convert,
17 please take a look at [3] or [4]. [3] lists dependencies of
18 already-converted packages that were not converted -- remember to add
19 PYTHON_USEDEP to the parent packages as necessary afterwards. [4] just
20 lists all Python packages that can be converted.
21
22 Thanks for all the help.
23
24 [1]:http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/python-r1/conversion.xhtml